If you currently hold a DVA Veteran Card (white or gold/current and ex-serving members) or if you are the spouse of a DVA Veteran Card Holder, you are eligible for a FREE APOD membership and you can join APOD following the below steps.
For DVA Card Holders & their spouse:
- Using your web browser, go to https://apod.com.au
- Select "I have a DVA Health Card or Veteran Card" as your defence connection and click on "Join APOD". The following screen will be displayed
- Enter the following
- Your email address
- Your veteran file number as it appears on your DVA Veteran Card.
- Your first and last name as it appears on your DVA Veteran Card.
Please ensure this matches exactly on your card, including any middle names / initials.
- Click on "Validate details with DVA". Once your details have been validated, you will be displayed the following screen
- Please enter in your
- Your contact number,
- Suburb or City (as you start typing your city/suburb, please make sure you pick an option from the drop down selections provided)
- Age Bracket
- Gender, and
- Click on "Create your account".
You will see the following screen notifying you that an email with your One Time Pin code has been sent to your email address
Please check your junk inbox if you have not received this email.
- To verify your account, simply enter the 6-digit number/one-time pin (OTP) from this email on the webpage where you signed up.
Fill in the 6-digit OTP from your email to the registration page as below
Once your OTP is verified, please set your APOD account password
Your password must be a minimum of 8 characters and contain a combination of special characters such as (! @ # $ % ^ & *), numbers, upper and lowercase letters
- Click on Save Password. Congratulations, you are registered as a DVA Cardholder on APOD.
If you are a current or former ADF members without a DVA Veteran Card, a widow or widower of the ADF, an allied foreign military member, or an immediate family member of the above, you can join APOD via a paid membership.
Monthly - $4.95 per month
Annually - $49.00 per year
Couple - $98.00 for 2 people per year
To sign up for a paid membership, please go to https://apod.com.au/signup-new-account and fill in all required details. Next you will receive an email to authorise your account and set up a password. Within 3 business days you will receive an email from our support team that will ask you to provide evidence to support your membership application. Once the support team has verified this information, they will authorise your account.